Friday, June 5, 2009

Parker Lewis Can't Lose

Ah, the early 90s. From 1991-1993 the then new FOX network ran a show called Parker Lewis Can't Lose. The show was basically a direct rip-off of the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off and I mean that in the best possible way. While I cannot claim to remember a lot of the specifics of the show since I was only 12, I do remember it being awesome.

I think of particular scenes every now and then and specifically think of it every single time I see Abraham Benrubi as Jerry on ER. I would like to say that what I remember most were the great story lines, the interesting characters, and sweet music. While all of these things are true, what I most remember are the shirts. That's right, the shirts. If you have never seen an episode, Parker Lewis wore the busiest, most colorful shirts you can imagine. Really, it was pretty impressive.

After the longest wait, Parker Lewis Can't Lose is finally making its way to DVD on June 30 of this year. I recommend it to anyone interested in mocking the early 90s while getting to watch a really good show.

Parker Lewis on Amazon.com

Parker Lewis on Netflix

Parker Lewis Wiki


Here is a mini-episode from season 1. What the folks at Miniepisode do is take an entire episode and edit it down to 5 minutes. While you do lose a lot of the side stories and character interactions, I post this here so that you can get a taste for the show - and the shirts!



.

2 comments:

  1. Is it on DVD, I have Get a Life with Chris Elliot but can never find Parker Lewis Can't Lose?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Season 1 just became available on DVD.

    ReplyDelete