Thursday, April 2, 2009

Don't Waste Your Life Tour

I know that historically Christian Rap has gotten a bad 'rap' (*snicker*), but the genre has really gotten a lot better in the last decade. The best, imho, are those of the Reformed theological stream as their lyrics tend to be more than posturing and are actually God-exalting and Word-exhorting. There is a group of rappers that call themselves the 116 clique (after Romans 1:16) and it has been announced that the core members will be going on tour this year. The tour is called "Don't Waste Your Life" after the John Piper campaign of the same name. I'm personally looking forward to it and figured I would share a vid for each person that will be on the tour. for those of you that haven't heard of any of these guys.

Lecrae (my favorite)



Shai Linne



Trip Lee


Sho Baraka



Tedashii


Flame



.

2 comments:

  1. Exciting. Shai Linne has become my favorite. Doesn't get much better than his "Atonement" album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LECRAE!!! Shai Linne is good too! :)

    ReplyDelete