Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Traditions

It is almost Christmas so that means it is time for three special traditions in my house:

1. Cranking "Christmas at Ground Zero" up on the stereo (10 sec commercial before it starts):


Weird Al Yankovic - Christmas At Ground Zero (Official Music Video) - For more of the funniest videos, click here



2. Watching "The Nightmare Before Christmas". This year I get to watch it in 1080P goodness on Blu-Ray thanks to my wife buying it for me last year. Huzzah!





3. Watching "A Christmas Story". Yeah, I know everyone gets sick of it because TBS marathon loops it for 24 hours, but I still love sitting down and watching the DVD. Actually, I may rent the Blu-ray this year and see how good the transfer is.


What are your non-traditional traditions?

.

7 comments:

  1. I'm ready for The Nightmare Before Christmas whenever you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any particular Christmas Tradition in your house.....Like things your family does every year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are some great Christmas traditions you enjoyed with your family growing up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family always gets up really early and then has to wait on the father of the house to get his hair ready for the video camera and to put in his contacts. This process normally takes about 20 min...while everyone is waiting...and then there is normally some yelling involved. Merry Christmas! Can't wait to do it again this year! LS

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also take a day and go to the bookstore. I allow each kid to buy one book for themselves and one to donate to a child their age! It is a great way to teach them the importance of giving. Last year, my oldest made me so proud by telling me she wanted to donate the book she had picked for herself too! My other 2 soon followed! I was amazed at how thoughtful they were!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this time of year! My favorite tradition is going to my parents' house for a Christmas morning breakfast of Belgian waffles and hot chocolate :D What is yours?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or maybe every xmas eve get a picture of the 2 of you doing something crazy, like spraying eachother with crazy foam or stuffing mince pies into eachothers mouth lol you could have them in a little frame & get them out every year

    ReplyDelete