Thursday, December 17, 2009

Portable Emulator from ThinkGeek

Over at Techland they have a review up for a sweet new portable emulator that ThinkGeek is selling. (If you aren't familiar with ThinkGeek, it is pretty much the Mecca for all things geek merch.) The emulator costs $100, but I think it is actually a good buy for the apparent quality. I personally don't fair too well with portable devices so if I were, um, to use a console emulator I would keep using...scratch that...I would use my laptop. As ThinkGeek says:

"But ThinkGeek" you ask "where can I procure such old skool gaming roms to load onto the Pocket Retro Game Emulator?". Well young hardcore gamer, we hear tell of a mystical soothsayer whose name is "Google". Upon entering such phrases as "NES roms" or "SNES roms" a person may be directed to easily download such roms. But keep in mind that our attorneys do not approve of such behavior and the above statement is likely completely untrue. In fact you should probably forget about this whole conversation. A handheld gaming system that can play all your favorite old classic console games? Nope. Just too good to be true."
So, if you are one of those people with GBs and GBs of ROMS and want to take them on the road with you perhaps this is the perfect Christmas gift for you.




ThinkGeeek: a320 Pocket Retro Game Emulator

.

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering if it was possible to run a PS2 emulator on a portable hard drive for travel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't have any familiarity with any PS2 or other 'modern' emulators. I know there are several for use on a PC. There are also several modders that have turned PS2s into portable devices, but I don't know if they are available for sale. I think the emulators for systems PS2 and sooner step out of the grey area into the "really not a good idea to be caught with" area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the psp well, but i do know emulators, use a search engine and you will find what you want, believe me.I've even seen how-to articles on building a portable SNES from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if it was possible to run a PS2 emulator on a portable hard drive for travel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been searching all over for downloads or torrents for a playstation emulator so, I can be able to put some playstation games onto my psp. I would really enjoy being able to play some playstation games on my psp. Can anyone provide a link to where I can download one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesanyone know anything about emulators? i was feeling retro and wanted to play some old games like sonic, or even games as far back as the amega. what/where is the best place to go for emulators?are they simple to use?

    ReplyDelete