Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hayao Miyazaki AMV Tribute (2001)

As any self-respecting anime fan will tell you, Hayao Miyazaki (wiki) consistently puts out some of the greatest movies ever made that a lot of people will never see. I count two of his movies in my personal top 10 of all movies and own most of his movies. Miyazaki has that rare, old-school Disney talent for crafting a story that is fantasy and real at the same time then creates a beautiful world to set it in. Most of his studios' work is still largely done by hand, which is amazing considering the extreme beauty and fluidity the animation in his films is known for. I know a lot of you have never heard of him, but his movies are extremely popular around the world and I highly, highly recommend you check him out. Good places to start are My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky, or go for the most recent film, Howl's Moving Castle.

Here is a video that a fan made back in 2001 in tribute to Hayao. It contains scenes from many of his films up to that point and is one of the best AMVs I've ever seen.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment