Friday, March 27, 2009

The IT Crowd


I've started watching a pretty sweet show called The IT Crowd. This show, like many rich deposits of comedy awesome, hails from England and concerns the daily routines of an IT department. It is pretty low budget, a lot over the top, and hilariously accurate in a completely inaccurate way. Did that last sentence even make sense? Probably not,but we press on!

As you may have guessed, the main cast members are nerds (not to be confused with a spaz). The first episode finds them getting a new department manager: a woman with a fake resume that knows nothing about computers. *insert hilarity here* Many hi jinks and shenanigans ensue, but we all learn a little about ourselves in the end. Well, I didn't realize anything about myself, but I did enjoy the episodes I've seen.

I recognize this show is not for everyone, but neither are bowls of sweet, sweet sugar (sorry, diabetics). It is even funnier for myself since I have a moderate background in computers and have been forced on many occasions to be the free IT guy to anyone that finds this information out. The shows comes extremely close to being ultra-cheesy but I think it never quite crosses that line.

I must take a moment to give what the kids call a "shout out" to Always go Right for turning me on to this show. One of the contributors there also has a review if you would like to read one that has actual structured sentences and not free associations and crazy make em ups. Below is a short clip from the first episode and a link to where you can watch the show for free...legally.


Video


Watch Episodes Now

Buy Season One

Put it in your Netflix Que


.

No comments:

Post a Comment