Saturday, March 14, 2009

Remember when punk didn't require makeup?



I still rock my Avail "98 Tour" shirt, lol. I saw them 3 times live.




My favortie West Coast sound band. I've seen them at least 4 times.




Aw, look at the young, angry Henry Rollins.


Now, I'm not saying you couldn't wear makeup if you wanted to and still melt faces, but it wasn't required. I don't listen to as much punk as I used to, but it still frustrates me to hear people calling bands that are clearly not punk punk. Just turn on the radio any given day and you'll hear a non-punk "punk" band. What is sad is that it was a lot of punk bands selling out and watering down that started the whole mess. I like to think the Bouncing Souls know what I'm talking about......




Random memory:

Here is me 11 years and 70 lbs ago with Sick of it All. Their video for Step Down shows all the old hardcore dances you used to see everyone doing at shows, ha. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. It still hard for me to believe you use to be skinnier than me! lol

    ReplyDelete