Monday, March 16, 2009

See you, space cowboy

Cowboy Bebop is one of those animes that everyone that is into anime has seen (and probably loves). Any decent review or discussion will eventually turn to the music and how much it adds to the show. For the last week or so I have really been listening to the limited edition soundtrack a lot as I do things around the house at night. I can't really explain why (other than it being awesome). The music is so tied to the show that just hearing a song can bring up the image of what is going on in the episode. I have most of the albums and singles that came out for the show but I constantly come back to the live disc in this set. I have what I consider a pretty decent anime soundtrack collection (about 140 albums/singles), but this just continues to rock my face every time I listen to it. My favorite of the live songs is Call Me, Call Me. from Episode 24, "Hard Luck Woman". It's depressing, something which I have found often makes for much better music.I couldn't find a good vid of the live version so here is a good AMV with the original track.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment