Monday, March 30, 2009

RIP Andy Hallett

Andy Hallett died last night after a 5 year battle with heart disease. Andy was a 4 year cast member of Angel, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off. In many ways, Angel surpassed Buffy and one of the reasons was the interesting characters that were the core of the show.


Andy played Lorne (also called The Host), a "good" demon that could tell your future by hearing you sing and would then set you on your path. Naturally, he owned a karaoke bar. As interesting a character as Lorne is on paper it was the way that Andy portrayed him that made him a fan favorite. It was weird the first time I saw Andy without his makeup; it was like you just thought he WAS Lorne. I think a lot of times we forget that our favorite characters in movies and on TV are real people with real lives. They don't exist merely to entertain us, although that is what they choose to do.


I never saw him in any other show or movie but his work on Angel was awesome. After all the years of enjoyment I have been given by his portrayal of Lorne I figured I could give him a measly few paragraphs on my blog.








.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Lorne was indeed an awesome character! Who would have guessed he was as handsome as Angel (possibly even more handsome) in real life! RIP Andy Hallet =(

    ReplyDelete